Organizing and building an organization for amateur and professional baristas and coffee lovers
To increase and enhance coffee quality and quantity, improve baristas’ knowledge, introduce the coffee drinking culture and attend the World Championships.
Syllabus and Programs:
- Promoting and advertising (improving the culture) quality coffee with standards and focusing and insisting on accomplishing this mission.
- Improving the level of barista awareness and knowledge in fields like the history and origins of the art of preparing and brewing coffee.
- Organizing coffee and barista seminars and conferences to encourage and improve the coffee culture in Iran and introducing baristas to society to raise community awareness of the role of baristas to build esteem for those who are engaged in this business.
- Paying attention to baristas and their representative needs and requests in the coffee community.
Necessary Criteria for Membership:
- Coffee preparation should be an integral and well-known part of the member’s knowledge and they should do their best to promote it
- Abiding by the bylaws and organization’s principals and moral code
- Charging the organizations principals and morality
- Only individuals listed in the organization will be known by IBG
- Users must have the required excitement, motivation and ingenuity of all related coffee jobs
Annual Membership Fees:
No charges have been received from members so far, annual membership fees will be published after the first official member and authorities’ meeting.
Founding Board and the Board of Directors:
The organization is managed by its founder, Mohammad Aghamohammad Khani, who has payed all costs and looked after all arrangements (with the help of the board of directors) of the association.
The board of founders consists of:
Mr. Ali Ghambari, one of the main/ leading members, founder, board member and policy maker
Ms. Laila Ghambari, one of the main/ leading members, founder, the international relationship director and jury and faculty head committee
Mr. Bahavar Sameie, one of the main/ leading members, member of the executive board, jury and faculty committee, coordinating and ceremonial director
Ms. Shokooh Razi , National Body
Mr. Amin Parsi marketing manager
Iranian Barista Guild Goals and Missions
- The Knowledge: caring for knowledge and adherence to continuous learning
- The National Interest: effort in the field of training and development needs of the country’s coffee industry
- Professional Ethics: observe and apply professional ethics and compliance with accepted national and international laws
- Innovation: innovation to complete tasks
- Meritocracy: firm belief in meritocracy and trying to improve it
- Coordination and Coverage of meetings/events and coffee/barista championships in all fields
- Promote the coffee drinking culture in our homeland (Iran)
- Educating the expert and qualified manpower
- Organizing conferences, seminars and educational classes to enhance baristas’ knowledge and skills
- Holding periodic meetings and camps with members’ attendance
- Advice and help to improve and enhance the quality and quantity of coffee importers and domestic manufacturers
- Contributing to the culture and improving the quality and quantity of roasted coffee in Iran with the purpose of protecting domestic manufacturers